The name Beaulieu is derived from the Latin "Bellus Locus" meaning beautiful place.
Golden in colour and brewed to 4.9%, Ringwood Brewery has been brewing this classic beer since the foundation of this hugely successful brewery by Peter Austin in 1978, a man who is revered as "the father of British Micro-brewing".
Legend relates that it was realised after the execution that there was no official portrait of the Duke; so his body was exhumed, the head stitched back on the body, and it was sat for its portrait to be painted.
Ringwood stands on the western edge of the New Forest at a crossing point of the River Avon.
Palace House was formerly the 14th century Great Gatehouse of Beaulieu Abbey, and is set in glorious grounds and gardens with immaculate spreading lawns and walkways overlooking the Beaulieu River.
The abbey thrived until 1538 when, during the Dissolution of the Monasteries, Henry VIII ordered the destruction of the religious buildings beyond the possibility of restoration.